If you have fragile items in your home that you plan to take to the new house on moving day, you may be compelled to pack them yourself just so that you are sure that they would get there safely. You may also want to package and move your fragile items because you may not have the money to afford it. For those with extra money, we would suggest that you invest your income tax return into hiring an expert who can package your fragile items. However, if you must do this project by yourself, then be prepared to exercise a lot of patience and of course help from your friends.
Packaging fragile items are very tricky; you have to be very careful that you not only wrap and pad the items well but that they are also transported carefully. With fragile wrapping and packing projects such as these, both bubble wrap and extra padding should be your near and dear friends; you truly cannot have too much of those.
When wrapping and packaging items such as pictures and paintings, you would definitely need to use some corner protectors which would help to keep the frame intact. You would also need to protect the front of the picture or painting and this can be done by making an “x” formation on the picture with masking tape. For the painting you should tape cardboard to cover the front of the painting, not necessarily letting the tape touch the painting as it would ruin it. Once this is done then you can start applying a generous amount of bubble wrap to your items.
Also, when packaging other fragile items such as a computer monitor or a TV, your best bet would be to also tape on some cardboard to the screen followed by two layers of bubble wrap before you place them in sturdy boxes. These boxes should also be padded so that the items can fit snugly rather than having it shift around.
Newspaper is great for wrapping your chinaware and dishes but no one wants the ink stains that it can sometimes leave behind. If you live close to a newspaper or printing company, you can visit them and ask for plain rolls which are usually free or available at a very low price. The paper is also good for padding your moving boxes and not to mention it is also good for providing that perfect shine for your mirrors as well.
We all know how stressful moving can be. In fact the statistic shows that moving is the third most stressful event in life, following death of a loved one and divorce. Finding reliable cross country movers can reduce the stress and make it a little bit easier for you.
Choosing the right company
But how to choose between all those cross country moving companies our there? How to make the right choice? Here is a small guide for a smooth moving experience:
- The first step is to request multiple professional moving companies to estimate moving costs for your upcoming move. That way you will be able to compare all the movers and receive multiple price estimates to choose from. Going with the lowest estimate is not always a good idea, since the overall quality of the service might be significantly lower.
- Select two or three from the moving companies based on your observations by speaking with the representative and the price estimate. Make sure all these companies have provided you with written estimates with all the taxes and fees included. Also do not forget to ask for a price list of the packing materials provided by each of the movers in advance.
- Check if the companies are licensed and insured with the US Department of Transportation. Every professional moving company should have a DOT number of registration to operate as a carrier.
- Research the selected movers online. Reading reviews on the cross country moving companies before hiring in multiple review sources is a must. Companies with 4-5 star ratings are ok. Avoid using companies with one or two stars ratings. Another thing you might want to research is if the companies are BBB accredited.
- After having all your findings in place, you can easily select your mover and you can be sure you will get professional attitude for your upcoming state to state move.
No matter if you are looking for reputable Boston movers or affordable cross country moving companies cost to California or New York, make sure you have selected a moving company with acceptable moving reviews and ratings. As there are so many moving companies out there, you have to be sure you make the right choice.